Friday, January 9, 2009

It Happened Again

I see a movie or play a video game dealing with a particular subject matter, become obsessed with the subject, and then seek out anything and everything that has to do with the subject. I played Assassin's Creed and wanted to know more about the Crusades. I watched 28 Days Later and craved all things zombie. I saw a few matches of the 2006 World Cup and can't stop watching soccer. Recently I played Call of Duty: World at War and got hooked on World War II.

So I took to the internet in order to find the media that would best allow me to experience the War, which turned out to be a bit of an undertaking. So I decided to write down my thoughts on these media to allow the next WWII enthusiast to more easily find the best games, movies and books dealing the with subject, all on one handy blog. I'll start with a review of Call of Duty: World at War and follow shortly with reviews of Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Battlestations: Midway, the 50th Anniversary Edition of Axis & Allies, Europe Engulfed, The Second World War by John Keegan, Hitler: A Study in Tyranny by Alan Bullock, Saving Private Ryan, Das Boot, Ken Burn's The War, and maybe even a review of the WWII exhibit at the Army Museum in Paris, not necessarily in that order.

If I enjoy it and get enough positive feedback, I'll start blogs on media relating to my other interests: zombies and soccer (I quickly lost interest in the Crusades). Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment